Fighting SPAM...

News & Events
Hoy Brothers
Site Admin

Fighting SPAM...

Post by Hoy Brothers »

As a mild inconvenience, I've had to turn on moderated responses for "Registered Users".
Once you are manually upgraded to "Image User" you will be able to post without approval. I logged in today only to find 256 bot users and 70 new posts.
If you have not been granted access longer than 24 hours, send a PM and I will take care of it.

Hoy Brothers
Site Admin

Re: Fighting SPAM...

Post by Hoy Brothers »

To add to the pain, I've recently stepped it up another notch, and have included manual approval for account registration. These spam bots are more determined than the rest of us old farts.

bphendri

Post by bphendri »

I think I finally had to put up a question you had to answer..

Just picked a question people who did not know could easily Google.

No problem with SPAM, but I wonder how many people didn't bother to Google What Subway Line Serves Itaewon Station..

Oh Well, it took care of the SPAMBOTS.

Hoy Brothers
Site Admin

Post by Hoy Brothers »

No problem with SPAM, but I wonder how many people didn't bother to Google What Subway Line Serves Itaewon Station..
I was one of them. I think I took it as TL;DR and never joined. I just now changed it to one of two questions. But that will probably stop the humans from getting in also.

Question 1: What is in the foreground of our logo.
Question 2: I want the border of the screen to be white. Complete this sentence:
POKE53281,